Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:31 am

Uh no. The European cheese is cheap bit and supply management keeps Canadian cheese artificially high comments.

European and American dairy are very highly subsidized. As I've shown on here. Many times.

Deliberately obtuse or genuinely retarded? I dunno but posting on here is like talking to walls at times.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:37 am

Robair wrote:
Uh no. The European cheese is cheap bit and supply management keeps Canadian cheese artificially high comments.

European and American dairy are very highly subsidized. As I've shown on here. Many times.

Ah, ok. Yes, very true. We use supply management, they use farmer subsidies.

Robair wrote:
Deliberately obtuse or genuinely retarded? I dunno but posting on here is like talking to walls at times.

Preaching to the choir man. ;) Even if you show all the unbiased facts and present a logical argument, cognitive bias will rear its ugly head.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:27 am

Robair wrote:
Correct.
The Canadian consumer gets a discount funded by European and American taxes.

Robair wrote:
Do you pay European and American taxes???????????????

Xem bd trực tiếp
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:24 am

I pay Canadian and American taxes.

My Canadian taxes will have to support a dairy industry if supply management is turfed. Much like how it looks like my taxes are going to be paying for shipping solutions for grain. Tax money that wasn't required before the wheat board was turfed.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:45 am

N_Fiddledog wrote:
You pseudo, self-judged connoisseurs of the fromage don't have a clue what you're talking about. My taste buds are just fine and as far as American block Cheddar from Washington state goes. [drool]

Cheap too.

Armstrong should be sued for false advertisement for even calling what they put out cheese.

I didn't say American cheddar, I said "American cheese", which is what Americans call those awful Kraft processed singles some people use for grilled cheese sandwiches. It is shit no matter where it is made.

American cheddar is okay, but their milk has a funny aftertaste, so I refuse to drink it every time I go down there.

The cheddar I buy most often is the Coastal Farms cheddar (from the the UK) that they sell at Costco.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:50 am

bootlegga wrote:
The cheddar I buy most often is the Coastal Farms cheddar (from the the UK) that they sell at Costco.

Balderson's 5 year old! [drool]

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:53 am

Bright Cheesehouse ftw.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:56 am

bootlegga wrote:
I didn't say American cheddar, I said "American cheese", which is what Americans call those awful Kraft processed singles some people use for grilled cheese sandwiches. It is shit no matter where it is made.

All I know is when I get the American block cheddar I have brought back by border shoppers I know and put it next to the Armstrong I've been buying it's like putting a Tim Horton's donut up against a Krispy Kreme.

Xem bd trực tiếp
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:06 am

N_Fiddledog wrote:
You pseudo, self-judged connoisseurs of the fromage don't have a clue what you're talking about. My taste buds are just fine and as far as American block Cheddar from Washington state goes. [drool]

Cheap too.

Armstrong should be sued for false advertisement for even calling what they put out cheese.

Well the awards they won for it disagree with you. Beats blocks of Tillamook cheese hands down as American tastes mean they're extra old cheddars are barely stronger than Canadian medium. They'd GAG on 5 yr old Bladersons! And the cold pack stuff doesn't even compare with Imperial, tastes like it was sprayed into the containers thru a nozzle.
Suppose you'll deny Hawkins Cheezies > Lays Cheetos next, eh?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:08 am

Come to think of it...I have had that Costco cheese and yeah, that's not bad. So you can gauge my taste buds. Still prefer the American though.

I guess it could be a taste buds thing. Like I actually prefer MacDonald's coffee to Starbuck's.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:12 am

N_Fiddledog wrote:
bootlegga wrote:

All I know is when I get the American block cheddar I have brought back by border shoppers I know and put it next to the Armstrong I've been buying it's like putting a Tim Horton's donut up against a Krispy Kreme.

Krispy Kream really?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:27 am

herbie wrote:
And the cold pack stuff doesn't even compare with Imperial, tastes like it was sprayed into the containers thru a nozzle.

[drool]

I love Imperial.

My dad used to tell stories about being a grocery clerk in the '40s, when they would get a new wheel of Cheddar and break it open in the back. It always had this center of cheezie oil that reminded him of Imperial cheddar. It was what the staff went for first.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:08 pm

housewife wrote:
N_Fiddledog wrote:
bootlegga wrote:

Krispy Kream really?

Really, super-serious, absolutely. It's not even a debate. The only possible criticism of a Krispy Kreme donut in comparison to what Tim's puts out is it's too small.

Okanagan fruit is still superior though. Also Chilliwack corn. And American cigarettes taste like rolled manure.